3.01.2005

Snow? Am I in LA?


Snow? Am I in LA?
Originally uploaded by cianna.
I'm thinking that I might have to revise some of my ideas about LA. I mean, people here told me I could be on the slopes in an hour and half, but I didn't really expect to be able to see snow from downtown LA. I confess I don't really expect to see nature at all from down there, but there it was looming in front of me as I drove in the wee hours of the morning to Victorville, a forgotten place of chain restaurants, malls, and a decommissioned air force base where we filmed last week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cianna,
Good to read your posts again. I just came back from London (went to their lindy exchange) and it was snowing there for a good few days. The Brits say it's been a long while since it snowed consistently in London. I was freezing my ass over there. Somehow, the blanket of snow made London look cleaner. :) It's amazing how snow can do that. How are you?

Take care,
Dexter

cianna said...

Hey Dexter! Ah... a Lindy Exchange... been so long since I've even danced... I still haven't made it to London, but certainly snow doesn't enter into my mental picture there either. Much re-arranging to be done, looks like.

Nice to hear from you. I hope you're doing well!