6.23.2002

Religion of Coincidences, meditation #2

Yesterday, went to Claire's birthday party. She and I met through swing dancing, and a significant number of people there were dancers. Her sister, Danielle, was also there, along with her roommates and a friend of Danielle's, Leonard. I meet them all, and Leonard says, "We've met before." Turns out, we did meet when Rob & I went to his reading of his latest novel last year. He was Rob's MFA professor, and is a friend of Danielle's. That's just odd.

There's a community networking theory which talks about identifying the hubs of groups for contacts and/or information. I get the feeling that I'm in that role sometimes. Or else that I'm the free electron, zooming about from atom to atom, randomly changing their charge for a while and then moving on.

No comments: