10.07.2002

my mind is scattered. trying to figure out how I want to live my life. Making decisions about that in advance is not my strong suit -- which is funny since I'm regularly hired for my planning abilities, able to help others visualize their futures for 3-5 years. I need a planner to help me figure out my own stuff. Biggest problem, really, is that I don't like feeling as if I'm cutting off options. This approach has worked well for me so far, in that I've experienced and learned all kinds of very cool things because I leave myself open to taking possibilities when they come up. (I truly feel that we are all offered a lot of options, but we frequently don't recognize them, or haven't set ourselves up in a way that lets us take advantage of them). Need to start doing a little scenario planning, SWOT analyses, pro/con lists or something to organize my thoughts and set priorities. Use my own tools.

My environment an external barometer of the state of my head... currently my room is an utter disaster.

No comments: