9.11.2005

ah... airports!

I'm currently sitting in the airport in Santiago, Chile, awaiting my evening flight to the U.S. I arrived from Argentina this morning. Ah... airports. How many things can I do in this airport? Particularly since I can't check in for another 4-5 hours and am relegated to the lobby. At least it's a lovely day in Chile and I can see the mountains all around. Very beautiful. Helped along by sampling more Chilean wine.

I'll drop a note about Buenos Aires in the very near future. Not having internet at home this week, I was not able to write while I was there, but the quick answer to your question is: yes, it's a wonderful city and I did love the tango, and yes, I survived the wacky Italian-Spanish-uniquely-Argentine accent and language structure (although I never once used "vos" myself). I danced enough tango to know that I need to dance more and to remember that I love dancing.

My teacher there was strongly encouraging me to move to B.A. and to teach English for a while while I continue to study Spanish. So another option has been added to the list. Nothing has emerged as a clear winner, but that's what my next few weeks are for I guess.

One other thing: I love being greeted by a kiss on the cheek. That everyone does it to everyone is just lovely.

2 comments:

keauxgeigh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
keauxgeigh said...

teaching English just became a high option for me, and I'm thinking about getting TEFL certification online since it's recommended. Have you heard anything about that?

I once botched getting kissed on both cheeks by a Spanish-speaking woman once and got it on the lips. no faux pas, just the awkward feeling of being inept.

there's been a demographic shift on fotolog, confirmed by someone who works there who I talked to. now I'm getting linked by a lot of people from Spanish speaking countries, esp. Chile and Argentina. Now I can figure out some of their comments!