10.22.2005

idiot synchronous crazy

Bert's tagged me for my idiosyncrasies. This is a conversation that started after I was talking about a couple I know who revel in each others little quirks. It's interesting to think about the quirks you have that you don't really notice (because they're yours). Probably I wouldn't come up with the same list as anyone who dated me or lived with me. But, I was tagged, so here are the ones I can identify:
  • My aversion to mayonnaise is just not normal. Especially considering that I'll eat just about anything else.
  • Similar to Bert about keys... I usually hold my keys in my hand when closing the door to my house or car (even if I checked it a couple times on the way down the stairs) or at least I'll touch them or pat them as I close the door.
  • When it rains, I crave ice cream.
  • I'm afraid of jumping. Even if I'm only standing on a log and need to jump off it. Like a foot high or so. I'll do it, but my heart will pound. Climbing a 300 ft. wall is not a problem. Just the jumping.
  • There are certain things that I feel can only be written down on paper with a pen. I've tried to switch to a computer, but it just keeps me from thinking.
  • I prefer to eat food either with my fingers or with a spoon out of a bowl. I'll use a fork or chopsticks, but it's sometimes not as satisfying.
  • Sometimes I just dance around by myself.
  • I don't like to write with blue ink.
  • I wash my hands a lot, particularly when I'm cooking. But it's not a germ thing. I just don't like the feeling of having gook on my hands.
  • If I like a restaurant, I try to taste everything on the menu (unless something has mayonnaise... heh). I also tend to order combo plates.
  • I like to practice eating and writing with my left hand. I've experimented with writing with my foot. I practice finding my way around with my eyes closed. Apparently I'm preparing for some major physical injury...
  • When I'm by myself and thinking through things, sometimes I emphasize a decision or a realization by saying the last part out loud. Usually twice. (Not sure I should admit this)


I tag Koji for his idiosyncrasies. I know he's got 'em.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cianna! i'm so with you on the mayonnaise... mayonnaise gives me the shivers. yuck. :)

keauxgeigh said...

I'm also like that with keys after I lost my keys between unlocking my bike at Jamba Juice and wanting to lock my bike at Golden Gate University less than a block away! I go through periods where I don't passively check for my keys, but actively give them a little toss in the air to be mindful of exactly where I place them.