8.28.2002

becoming a documentary maker

I was not feeling so great about the stuff that I shot in the Philippines for this documentary about the dance instructors (DIs), but on Monday night I showed some of the clips to Audrey & Nan (the only two who showed up for the documentary salon) and now I feel better. There's definitely something there. In the gadget accumulation category, I have to get better microphones with greater flexibility. But at least some of what I've shot so far is usable. Now I'm thinking I need to focus on this one and finish it up when I go back at Christmas. Another major gadget to get: the laptop to edit this on. Yes, a Mac. (my first one since 1997). The transfer of this stuff needs to happen somewhat soon. I don't like having it sitting around on tapes.

In fun, ego-gratifying, news: Adam (who hopes to be a producer someday) discovered that I'm on imdb! I suddenly feel legit. Oddly, my most recent teacher, Aron Ranen, is not there. You all should check out his doc, though: "Did We Go?" He explores whether or not we really landed on the moon in 1968.

This weekend, you all in SF area should head over to Sausalito Art Festival to check out Audrey's photos at booth #253.

No comments: