8.26.2002

dancing dancing dancing. This weekend was happily filled with dances, conversation, food and friends. I love having people over at my house.

Some interesting critiques of my room. Criticisms, really. Or concerns. See, my bedroom is also my office and right now it feels a bit more like a workspace in which I sleep. A very valid observation, I must say. Wondering what impact this has on my difficulties falling asleep. See my mind just goes full steam and is hard to shut off for sleep. Being surrounded by words and intellectual stimulation probably doesn't help.

I also met a few new people this weekend, and some friends of mine saw my house for the first time, so I was talking about myself a fair amount. Explaining or showing things that I have around my place, talking about all the maps and photos and artwork and pop-up books. I became, if anything, more aware of the randomness and volume of interests that I have, the number of different projects that I've tried to start (with varying levels of completion and/or success). I wonder at the focus that some people...most people... can maintain. I think I'm overwhelming. And that might not be all good.

So my questions about myself and my future activities and location are only amplified now. But I still had a terrific weekend. I love dancing & dancers.

No comments: