8.21.2002

Taking a break from cleaning up/out my room... Having guests over is the only motivator that works to get me to really clear this place out.

I feel like I've been on vacation for a couple of months now. It's great for me but hard on my clients and wreaking havoc on my bank account. Since I last wrote, I left town again. This time off to Seattle for a dance weekend. It was supposedly a Lindy Exchange, but we went salsa, west coast swing, and tango dancing, too. Very very fun. My guests this weekend are also dancers visiting from Seattle and Portland for a blues dancing night on Friday where I'll be DJ'ing for part of the time. Hopefully dancing most of the time.

My aunt wanted to know what I was going to do with all this dance. I told her it was just a hobby. But it's a pretty serious one, I guess. I'm getting to the point where it's hard to imagine dating someone who doesn't dance, maybe limited to those who dance well. Just what I need. Another criterion. I'm already pretty much a pain in the ass to date as it is...

I'm drinking brandy and eating apricots. Does that count as brandied apricots? Maybe I just need to hold them both in my mouth for a while.

So the crevices in my brain that are not currently occupied with work are getting filled with questions about what I'm going to do next, where I'm going to live, etc. I'm getting antsy. This is a natural result of my traveling. I know some people take a long trip and are eager to return home and get settled in. I just get the itch to continue to travel and explore. There's something out there that I haven't found yet, and I dislike being too comfortable. I'm feeling somewhere between settled and not. I wonder where I'll land. Or, more accurately, where I'll alight next. I'm not sure I'm the landing type.

No comments: