8.18.2005

I have to second one of Bert's posts: If you're feeling unpopular or unfeminine (por ejemplo, if your boyfriend dumps you saying that you're just a buddy), then you should go salsa dancing where there are more guys than gals. Even more, you should get your butt on a plane and go dancing in Latin America. Last night bailo mucho y felt muy bonita! But boy did it work me. Today my legs are sore... It's been a long time since I've danced... That will change. I think I'm going to reclaim my dancing self. I liked her.

The warmth of the people here is astonishing. I feel as if I've been adopted by my family here and every Chileno I've met is friendly. I met two boys from France who've been here for over a month and they say that's how Chilenos are; I'm not having an unusual experience.

My classes are going well and my family is complimenting me with how well I'm doing. I have to stop speaking English (and writing it), but 1) most of you can't read Spanish, and 2) I'm frustrated with only knowing the present tense. I'm starting to communicate better, but I know that it's still such an odd way of speaking. Ah well. Only 3 days so far. Let's see what happens.

Hoy, it's clear & warming up. It's probably temporary, but it's nice since I don't have too much in the way of warm clothing here. I was trying to look nice, but my only non-sandal shoes are hiking boots or my nice boots which are not really comfy enough for all day (although they were ok for salsa!) It was also beautiful walking to school today. I could see the snow-topped mountains that ring this city. Hoy dia es muy lista.

No comments: