8.22.2005

Snowboarding in the Andes!


Eski!
Originally uploaded by cianna.
Not too much energy to write after a major individual tutoring session... For practice reading, my tutor brought in some information about the state of the HIV epidemic and the prevention/treatment efforts in various countries throughout Latin America. It was cool, but a little tiring.

My whole body aches a bit from the boarding on Saturday. Achy in a good way. Now I can say I've boarded in the Andes which is very cool. I even almost managed to pull off a few turns without falling over!

Yesterday I went to Pablo Neruda's third house, the one here in Santiago. That man was eccentric and fabulous. The house was great. I'd love to live in a house designed to feel like a ship. I bought a book of his "essential" poems that's in both English and Spanish and am excited to read them. I'll write more about him in the future.

I'm loving the fact that this is so much more than just a language course. I'm learning quite a bit about Chile through my classes and am loving this country even more as a result!

If you want to see more photos, just click on the pic.

3 comments:

Bert said...

that is the best photo! you are so shiny! hooray! :)

Anonymous said...

That is one kickin foto! you are a bright and happy lookin chick!
Next to Myrtle Beach snowboarding is my funnest thing! but i don't look cool like you - you hot babe!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. Nice blog too.

Gretchen Bleiler